Firewall Wizards mailing list archives

Netscreen email logging

From: "Philip J. Koenig" <pjklist () ekahuna com>
Date: Thu, 26 Sep 2002 20:06:45 -0700

I have tried to get email alerts and logs working with 2 different
Netscreen boxes (5XP Elite and 25) with no success.  Everything else
pretty much works as expected except this.  I have asked Netscreen
support about it more than once and get the equivalent of a shrug
from them.

Is there some secret to this I'm missing?  Here are the relevant
entries from the configuration file:

set admin mail alert
set admin mail traffic-log
set admin mail server-name <hostname or IP>
set admin mail mail-addr1 <email address>

I've finally gotten used to their idiosyncracy of needing a manual
route entry for any network that receives or sends to the firewall
itself, so this isn't the problem.

Ideas greatly appreciated!

Phil

--