Firewall Wizards mailing list archives

Re: What is my firewall trying to tell me?

From: Flemming Laugaard <flemming () laugaard dk>
Date: Tue, 29 Oct 2002 19:18:06 +0100

Hi Ross

proxyscan.undernet.org. I am connected to irc. I am woundering if undernet
is proxy scanning its users or is something else going that i should be
worried about.

Absolutely correct. IRC admins set up jobs to scan for open proxies on their
clients. Really annoying. They've taken it upon themselves to be
"The Internet Police" ;) and help cleaning out the unclean end users ....

I usually ignore and drop without log. Much easier on the eyes :)

--
Kind regards
Flemming Laugaard