Firewall Wizards mailing list archives

Re: appropriate response for mail break-in

From: "Ryan M. Ferris" <rferris () rmfdevelopment com>
Date: Sun, 27 Oct 2002 21:10:14 -0800

Sorry to have dashed out the message about my mail messages so quickly. Thanks for all the help. Comparing two headers
(real) and (faked), it looks like the Message ID has been spoofed by IP address 172.195.75.206  using my mail server IP
161.58.164.17.

I guess this counts as a trivial spoof best handled with the delete key.

Ryan

(Real)