Firewall Wizards mailing list archives

Re: Flat vs Segmented DMZ's

From: Luca Berra <bluca () comedia it>
Date: Fri, 22 Nov 2002 00:53:12 +0100

On Wed, Nov 06, 2002 at 08:28:52AM -0800, WhtWlf2001 wrote:
I'm hoping to get some feedback (Pros/Cons) from the list members on a Flat vs. Segmented DMZ
structure. We currently have about 20 hosts segmented off to 4-5 different DMZ interfaces on a CP
firewall. With the exception of having a seperate MGMT DMZ, I'm curious about the
benefits/detriments to having this segmented infrastructure. Today we offer only limited web
services (http,ftp,owa) via the web.

Anyone has had any experience on using the Cisco 650x firewall blade to
obtain this?

--
Luca Berra -- bluca () comedia it
       Communication Media & Services S.r.l.