Firewall Wizards mailing list archives

Re: Sun FTP Server and Firewall-1 4.1 (Richard Worwood)

From: Boni Bruno <bbruno () dsw net>
Date: Wed, 13 Nov 2002 10:06:07 -0800

FW-1 v 4.1 has configurable TCP timeout settings, just increase the
timeout setting in the firewall properties and you will be fine.

Regards,

-boni bruno

Message: 1
From: "Richard Worwood" <richardw () tdbnetworks com>
To: <richardw () tdbnetworks com>
Date: Tue, 12 Nov 2002 17:47:24 -0000
Subject: [fw-wiz] Sun FTP Server and Firewall-1 4.1

I've got a little problem with a customers network and a Solaris 8 box with
the standard FTP server. The problem is as followes the Solaris box is
behind a firewall running firewall-1 4.1 and functions fine as long as you
don't allow to long a time to elapse between commands else the client
appears to time out. The issue is that the definiation of "to long a time to
elapse" is approximately 10 seconds.

I've sniffed the client side of the network and found that in response to
sending the new command to the server a reset is sent back by the server.
However if I try and access the server locally or even through a standard
routed connection all is fine and the conversation continues as usual.
Unfortunately as of yet the customer hasn't permitted me to sniff on the
server side of the firewall so I'm not certain the two conversations match.

Any suggestions anyone can make will be greatfully received.

Regards

Richard

Message: 2