Firewall Wizards mailing list archives

Re: Security clauses for contracts

From: Bret Watson <lists () ticm com>
Date: Tue, 21 May 2002 08:24:22 +0800

Hi Adam,
hmm penetration tests I'd probably drop, but audits are always there... we make it a standard condition that we can audit third pary suppliers of information processing and IT outsourcing.

Viewing the relevant policies I think is fine - though we tend not to take the seriously... Better though is to ask "where is your BS7799 certification?" or their SAS70 audit certification.

Recent audits can have low value as well unless you know the competency and relationship of the auditors then I would only take them as guidance (especially if they are Big N-1 right now)...

We've been looking at our T&Cs with software vendors at the memoent... we've added "and security issues" to our warranty clause.. we'll see what the vendor reaction is, but what we ask is that they warrant the systems are free from security issues and that they will fix the issues at no charge for our set warranty period. :}

Cheers,

Bret