Firewall Wizards mailing list archives

Any evidence of global network problem on Mon March 5

From: "Desai, Ashish" <Ashish.Desai () fmr com>
Date: Tue, 5 Mar 2002 15:34:08 -0500

Hi folks,
        Around 1pm EST Mon March 5 we noticed a massive spike in
the number of uniq source source ip's trying to connect to our web servers.
It
lasted for approximately 10-20 minutes. Looking at the internet traffic
report
web site
http://www.internettrafficreport.com/cgi-bin/tr_graphpage.pl?response/7/Nort
hAmerica

we see there was a problem across all the networks in the US and other
continents.

Our IDS did NOT go off as the router's crapped out and the requests did not
make it
to the web server. We only have netflow data to analyse for anomalies.

        I am curious if someone else experienced this and could reply to me
privately
and not clog this mailing list.

Thanks

Ashish Desai