Firewall Wizards mailing list archives

Cisco PIX 501 configuration with no router

From: "Alan Chan" <alanux () excite com>
Date: Sun, 16 Jun 2002 20:34:34 -0400 (EDT)

 I saw your posts on the Web about PIX and thought I could get some insights from you guys. Thanks advance...

Has anyone tried configuring Cisco PIX 501 for SOHO security without a perimeter router?

I need help.

I wasn't able to get out the Internet and I think mainly because I haven't configured the PAT (Port Address
Translation) correctly and that I haven't configured the Access-list to allow outgoing traffic. Any thoughts...

Most of the examples on the net and Cisco Press book require a perimeter router (Cisco 1720), but I do not have a
router. It seems like you have to have a router to get the Cisco PIX firewall to work with DSL. Sonicwall and Netscreen
SOHO do not require a router... so I thought Cisco PIX would be the same.

If you've configured the PIX 501 at home or in a small office setting, please help me by providing the configuration
examples and tools/sites that you use to guide you.

I would very much appreciate your feedback. Thanks again!

Join Excite! - http://www.excite.com