Firewall Wizards mailing list archives

Under attack

From: Allan Tagliaferro <allan.tagliaferro () pulseintl com au>
Date: Thu, 25 Jul 2002 17:03:03 +1000

Hi all,

We are using Raptor 6.5 on a NT box, at present we are getting a lot of
inbound attempts being made by a Hong Kong ISP, I have sent several emails
notifying them of this but no changes have occurred, the connections are
unauthorized by gwcontrol so they fail. I've tried several times to include
rules using a subnet of the IP range that this ISP uses but for some reason
the rules are not stopping the attempts rather it just fails due it being
unauthorized. I'm happy they are not getting through but am I feel like I've
lost control.

Can anyone please let me know how to successfully block an IP range from
entering our network. Also I would keen to know if there is an institute
that can be contacted to inform of these attempts ( a governing body of
sorts).

Your help and ideas are most welcome.

Thank you.
Allan Tagliaferro