Firewall Wizards mailing list archives

RE: FW1 related...

From: "Dawes, Rogan (ZA - Johannesburg)" <rdawes () deloitte co za>
Date: Tue, 23 Jul 2002 16:50:38 +0200

You need the objects.C and rulebases.fws files.

There are various scripts available to assist in parsing those files.

As has been said repeatedly on this list (lest anyone think I am advocating
a machine translation), this kind of migration is an ideal opportunity  to
review the rulebase, and determine exactly what rules are still required,
and which are out of date, or obsolete.

My advice is to use the existing objects.C file to save you recapturing the
network and host details, but redo the rules manually, if at all possible.
Then use a second person to review what you have done, to make sure that you
have not opened up anything that you shouldn't have.

Rogan