Firewall Wizards mailing list archives

Re: milter?

From: ark () eltex ru
Date: Sun, 27 Jan 2002 13:03:04 +0300 (MSK)

Thank to all who answered, but the problem is, i am not going to develop
a milter filter so the API is useless for me: i am trying to write an
application than can _talk_ to milter-compatible filters and i have
several reasons not to run the whole sendmail there.

That's why i asked about the protocol, not the API.

YOU (John W. Black) WROTE:

     This document is a technical introduction intended for those interested
 in developing Milter filters.

 http://www.sendmail.com/partner/resources/development/milter_api/

 It includes:
 A description of Milter's design goals.
 An explanation of Milter application architecture, including interactions
 between the support library and user code, and between filters and the MTA.
 A specification of the C application programming interface.
 An example of a simple Milter filter.