Firewall Wizards mailing list archives

Firewall / routing advice needed :)

From: "David Ball" <david.ball () brahler-ics co uk>
Date: Tue, 22 Jan 2002 10:08:56 -0000

I need a spot of advice on moving to our new Internet connection.

Currently we have a 32 address range of fixed ips. This has been split
in two to give a subnet infront of our firewall, and a subnet for our
DMZ.  Workstation addresses are in the 192.168.x.x private range, and
are masquaraded by our iptables firewall/router.  This of course needed
the providers engineers to update the routing table of the router they
supplied us with.

We are now looking to move to a faster internet connection based on a BT
ADSL line, but have been told that BT will not modify the routing table
in the adsl router to forward our DMZ ips through our firewall.

What are my options?

We need to allow some incoming vpn connections to one of the DMZ servers
- and it's my understanding that this will break if that server is
behind any kind of masquarading.

Many thanks

Dave Ball