Firewall Wizards mailing list archives

Re: firewall-wizards digest, Vol 1 #786 - 7 msgs

From: "Prasad Patkar" <prasad_patkar () pcsil com>
Date: Mon, 2 Dec 2002 15:48:16 +0530

The client is running on dhcp and in local dns server. All the clients are
recieving ip from my dhcp server. The dhcp server is pointed to my local dns
server for resolution. Once i connect Firewall, i am unable to browse as my
clients are not able to resolve. If i add dns entries of my isp to my dhcp
server, i am able to browse provided my isp dns server is given 1st
priority. If i give my local dns server 1st priority then i will not able to
browse. On the contrary if i give isp dns ip as 1 st priority am facing
local lan problem. How to sort this resolution issue

Any idea u can suggest