Firewall Wizards mailing list archives

Re: Sounds like Marcus is gaining and ear or two:

From: Mikael Olsson <mikael.olsson () clavister com>
Date: Thu, 08 Aug 2002 20:04:10 +0200

"R. DuFresne" wrote:

SANS NewsBites Vol. 4 Num. 32

 --30 July 2002  Time to Update Internet Protocols
White House security advisor Richard Clarke thinks it might be time
to revamp Internet protocols to address wireless security concerns.
http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/articles/A22535-2002Jul30.html

<sarcasm ... barely>

I wouldn't take "Revamp Internet Protocols" as "let's throw FTP & co
out the door".  I'd be more inclined to take it as "let's push for
IPv6 even harder now, because it's newer and has to be better, and
IPsec support is a requirement, so it _has_ to be more secure!"

</sarcasm>

--
Mikael Olsson, Clavister AB
Storgatan 12, Box 393, SE-891 28 ÖRNSKÖLDSVIK, Sweden

"Senex semper diu dormit"