Firewall Wizards mailing list archives

RE: VPN concentrators

From: "R. DuFresne" <dufresne () sysinfo com>
Date: Thu, 29 Aug 2002 20:08:03 -0400 (EDT)

On Thu, 29 Aug 2002, Nilesh Chaudhari wrote:

Of all the responses that I have seen in the preceding messages, I did
not find a simple solution shown by anybody. Let me show you what I
have done for VPN at my gateway -

                    DMZ

                     +--(ids)

inet=====rtr---+--firewall---internal
        [+vpn] |

             (ids)

But, don't you  /\   find this IDS to be painfully over 'informative'?  Or
have you trained it down to near silence?

Thanks,

Ron DuFresne
--
        admin & senior security consultant:  sysinfo.com

"Cutting the space budget really restores my faith in humanity.  It
business of hate, debauchery, and self-annihilation."
                -- Johnny Hart

testing, only testing, and damn good at it too!