Firewall Wizards mailing list archives

RE: The yearly FTP rant (Was: Re: Passive FTP and NAT/P AT with PIX and Serv-U)

From: "Dawes, Rogan (ZA - Johannesburg)" <rdawes () deloitte co za>
Date: Thu, 4 Apr 2002 17:58:29 +0200

The downside: at the moment I haven't found a way to use it as an
actual replacement for FTP on our webserver. Customers updating their
virtual servers' htdocs directory are chrooted inside their part
of the filessystem tree. I haven't found a way to achieve this
with sftp: simple chroot and _no_ shell access.

You can apparently stop shell access by making the user's shell
/usr/bin/sftp-server

Check the openssh mailing lists.

However, there is still no simple solution for chroot.

:-(

Regards,
Patrick M. Hausen
Technical Director
--
punkt.de GmbH         Internet - Dienstleistungen - Beratung
Scheffelstr. 17 a     Tel. 0721 9109 -0 Fax: -100