Firewall Wizards mailing list archives

Wu-FTPd 2.6.1 Rehat server and client

From: "Scott, Richard" <Richard.Scott () BestBuy com>
Date: Mon, 17 Sep 2001 12:59:19 -0500

Greetings all,

I've had this problem now that I can not seem to resolve.  I have a client,
hooked up to a hub, to a server, both running redhat 7.1.  The Client tried
to ftp to the server and put a large file.  Small files work, but large ones
seem to HALT on the STOR command.  I've tried a w2k client and that seems to
not to work, halting at the same place.

I need have a firewall between them and removed it, placing this in a test
environment.  It seems, that I the local server, I can ftp files back and
forth without any issues.  I resorted to a standard install too, to see if
my configurations were the cause and yet, it still happens.  I am wonderin
gif it could be a hardware configuration problem or a bug in how its
handling some errors that may occur.  I've noticed that closing the client
ftp communication doesn;t close until the server closes, issues a close...
I've noticed some ambiguois interpretation son how this is supposed to be
handled in the RFC's.

Anyone have any idea ??

At a friends machine, he too has the same configuration, but this time it
works on a standard install.  He however, does not have a default "all"
class listed, whereas I do.

Stange indeed....

Cheers
r.