Firewall Wizards mailing list archives

RE: Checkpoint issues with linux

From: "van Aswegen, Marinus (ZA - Johannesburg)" <mvanaswegen () deloitte co za>
Date: Wed, 24 Oct 2001 14:16:03 +0200

Hi Jason,

I suspect that it's a DNS issue. You might want to try using Netcat
or another client where you can disable name resolution.

i.e. nc -n ip 7000

nc is available for both windows and unix, this should make things a
little more consisted for you.

Kind Regards,

Marinus van Aswegen

Deloitte & Touche
Information Security Services

Phone: +27-(0)11-209-6324
Fax:     +27-(0)11-806-5202

PLEASE NOTE:  This e-mail message and its attachments is subject to the
disclaimers as published at: <http://www.deloitte.co.za/disc.htm#emaildisc>>