Firewall Wizards mailing list archives

Re: NOVA credit card services and port 8100

From: Don Kendrick <don () netspys com>
Date: Thu, 18 Oct 2001 15:36:02 -0400

Funny you should ask. I just got out of a conf call with them. Here's what I know:

Port 8100...correct. TCP.

Encryption is based on what software you're using on the client end. If it's NovaWarp, then yes it is encrypted and using some public algorithm but I can't remember what (we did that part a month ago and are not going that route). If you are using some sort of central site authorization software/API such as Protobase it depends on the vendor.

Note that you can setup to go to them over the net or via some kind of private line.

Their tech/security guy was on the call with us and he seems just as paranoid as me so that was good.

That''s what I know at this point.

Don