Firewall Wizards mailing list archives

Re: Consine FW

From: Bill_Royds () pch gc ca
Date: Thu, 8 Nov 2001 11:06:48 -0500

An Application proxy firewall does not need stateful inspection. Stateful
inspection is a method for packet filtering firewalls to carry information
about TCP and UDP conversations to ensure that they are consistent. An
application proxy does this inherently so it does not need a state table
for the conversation.

Bill Royds

Nimesh Vakharia <nvakhari () clio rad sunysb edu>
11/07/01 04:08 PM