Firewall Wizards mailing list archives

Watchguard Inquiry

From: " L. Taylor" <ltaylor () relevanttechnologies com>
Date: Fri, 25 May 2001 21:11:06 -0400

I am writing a business/technology review of the Watchguard line of firewall
appliances
and am interested in hearing from either happy or unhappy customers. I will
keep all
the article, this
is also a possibility. I am interested in finding out:

- how well their firewalls have worked for you and your organization?
- how helpful their customer support has been?
- did any features not work as advertised?
- what is your opinion on the logging capabilities?
- how easy has it been to manage/administer?
- what feature needs to be improved?
- what new feature would you like to see?
- would you/your organization buy this product again?
- what other brands did you consider buying before selecting Watchguard?

In any replies you send, please include your phone number, and your
experience.

I feel that by sampling the firewall community at large I will get a more
objective
sample of information than by calling specific customers that Watchguard
refers me to.

This review will appear in Business Security Advisor which is a hardcopy
magazine.
(It used to be called Internet Security Advisor.)

Thank you in advance, and thank you to Marcus for letting this through.

Laura Taylor
Chief Technology Officer
Relevant Technologies, Inc.
Voice: 978-374-8928