Firewall Wizards mailing list archives

VPN using Linux, SSH and PPP

From: "Federico Gasparrini" <fgaspar () nixe uk com>
Date: Thu, 28 Jun 2001 10:50:29 +0100

Hi,

I set up a VPN using Linux, SSH2 and PPP. Everything seems to be working
fine. Everybody in both ends of the VPN can ping, telnet, etc. anything,
anywhere with the exception of one of the boxes making the VPN.

That box can be accessed from either side and that box routes everything
from and to either side, but if I log on to that box I can only access the
local network of that box or the box on the other side if the VPN (the pair
on the VPN).

It is probably something silly but I can't find it. Both machines are
exactly the same (hardware) the only difference is that the machine with the
problem has two network cards instead of one. The extra card being the same
brand and model as the others. Same kernel, same version of SSH and PPP.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Federico Gasparrini

Nixe Limited
4 Byland Close - London N21 1QH - United Kingdom
Tel.: +44 (0) 20 8886 9814

Nixe S.R.L.
Pte. Luis Saenz Peña 366 4° - (C1110AAH) - Buenos Aires - Argentina
Tel.: +54 (0) 11 4383 7831