Firewall Wizards mailing list archives

Re: Fw: PoPToP and Linux Ipchains firewalls, working config?

From: Peter Lukas <plukas () oss uswest net>
Date: Mon, 25 Jun 2001 07:36:27 -0500 (CDT)

To do "Network Neighborhood" style browsing, you'll need to set up a WINS
proxy server.  A simple samba process can do the trick.

There's some excellent documentation available from samba directly
(www.samba.org).

You should still be able to view and use the shares directly:
net view \\ip.of.other.system

Peter Lukas