Firewall Wizards mailing list archives

Re: IP Forwarding...

From: Martin <marty () supine com>
Date: Wed, 13 Jun 2001 19:21:13 +1000

Bill Asher blurted out:

How do you forward internet request to an internal webserver??  I have a
RH7.1 Linux firewall setup, I'd like it forward http Port 80 request to an
internal webserver that has a Private IP (10.x.x.x).  If anyone can point me
in the righ direction, I'd appreciate it.

if you are using iptables then it has a feature to allow port forwarding...

refer http://netfilter.samba.org

however, if you are like me and your scripts are still for ipchains, you
need to use a userland port forwarder. i use portfwd. there are others on
freshmeat.

refer http://portfwd.sourceforge.net
refer http://freshmeat.net

hth
marty

"I can't buy what I want because it's free. Can't be what they want
because I'm me." - Corduroy, Pearl Jam