Firewall Wizards mailing list archives

RE: SSL and negotiated key strength

From: Tristan Geering <Tristan.Geering () asx com au>
Date: Sat, 9 Jun 2001 12:32:25 +1000

Hi,

We recently had similar problems and fixed the encryption step up issue by
ensuring that the "SSLCipherSpec" line was included and that it defined all
of the required ciphers as shown in the sample virt host definition below.

<VirtualHost HostIPAddressHere:443>
ServerName www.hostname.com
ServerAlias HostName www
SSLEnable
SSLClientAuth none
ErrorLog /var/log/loggingplace
SSLServerCert HostName
SSLCipherSpec 34353A333639323130
</VirtualHost>

Each of the numbers represents a different cipher that can be used when
negotiating a connection, I am not sure what they all are currently but can
find out if required.

Thanks for the great list Marcus.

Cheers,

Tristan Geering