Firewall Wizards mailing list archives

RE: SSL and negotiated key strength

From: Kevin Steves <stevesk () pobox com>
Date: Wed, 11 Jul 2001 14:27:54 -0700 (PDT)

On Tue, 10 Jul 2001, Scott, Richard wrote:
:Well getting apache to work is one thing... and I've still got to get it
:working, but the problems we are having with IIS is unreal.  What I have
:been hearing inside of Verisign is that there is a fundamental problem with
:the Server Gated cryptography preventing it working on IIS.
:
:Has anyong got the step up feature to work in IIS 4 or 5?

i'm wondering why folks are still buying global/super certs given that
non-crippled browsers have been available for a while now (perhaps 2
years?).  i don't see the need for step-up or SGC hacks any longer.