Firewall Wizards mailing list archives

Internal IP's sneaking out through routed email...

From: "Don Harris" <Don.H () uwkern org>
Date: Wed, 24 Jan 2001 18:25:34 -0800

I'm using MS Proxy and Eudora Worldmail Server 2.0 for SMTP.

Proxy removes my internal IP addresses on outgoing emails sent to a service
provider's SMTP server but if I route mail through my Worldmail software
from any clients then my internal IP's are up for grabs to any would be out
there.  When Worldmail itself sends out automated replies or mail for list
(internet address) as it should.

I know Proxy is not a full firewall solution or Worldmail as an SMTP server
but that's what I have to deal with for now. :-(

Any advice on how I might be able to use Worldmail for out going SMTP
without reveling my internal IP's would be greatly appreciated.  I don't
want to have to rely on some other server's uptime for my outgoing email.

Thank you!

Don Harris