Firewall Wizards mailing list archives

Internet access control tied to users/group

From: miedaner <miedaner () twcny rr com>
Date: Mon, 22 Jan 2001 22:37:21 -0500

Hi Folks,

I have a need locate a proxy server (filtering if possible) or firewall
to authorize services for users in an NT Domain system AND provide
access control based upon group membership.  This could be one or two
systems (two servers would include an internal server to tie into NT
Domains and authorize internal users for services and the second a
firewall for the perimeter control).

Thus far I've determined that the choices are pretty limited.  I've
found Border Manager can tie into NDS and apply policy based on defined
groups.

Any other possibilities out there?

Other information:  This is an environment with alot of diskless
workstations and most of them get their service through Citrix servers
so the firewall either would see a dynamic address for some special
services or the citrix servers IP for the majority of users.

TIA.