Firewall Wizards mailing list archives

Administrivia: Firewall Wizards List posting policies

From: "Marcus J. Ranum" <mjr () nfr com>
Date: Thu, 15 Feb 2001 15:04:11 -0500

Just a few reminders on the list posting policies (I've been getting
a lot of messages that indicate it's time for a reminder...)

-> I will not forward through HTML messages, messages
    containing attachments, or funky MIME stuff that I can't
    read. (Don't ask me how to get Outlook to send plain text
    Email. I don't know. Which is why I don't use Outlook)
-> I will not forward through cross-posted messages. Many
    posters Cc: firewall-wizards from the firewall-1 mailing
    list of firewalls () greatcircle com; I simply discard
    cross-postings.
-> Duplicate postings will be deleted, except for the last
    posting.
-> If you have a mail-bot, autoresponder, virus scanner, or
    "miss manners dirty word scanner" that causes messages
    to bounce into the moderator's (that's me) mailbox, I'll
    unsubscribe you. If you have one of those stupid MTAs
    that sends the moderator "Message XYX has been delayed
    by 15 minutes" I'll unsubscribe you. In fact, if anything you
    or your system does causes a lot of messages to bounce
    into my mailbox, I'll unsubscribe you. This is nothing personal,
    but I hate getting 300 messages from Mailer-Daemon on your
    behalf.
-> While it's really thoughtful to post "thank you for answering
    my question" Emails when someone answers your question,
    I won't forward them to the list, because they're pretty
    content free.
-> I periodically travel and the list will fall silent for a day or 2.
    Sometimes I have a life on weekends and the list will fall
    silent. If the list will ever be silent for extended periods, I'll
    make an announcement.

Thanks for participating in this forum!!

Enjoy the discussion,
mjr.