Firewall Wizards mailing list archives

Re: Disappearing NAT - Flakey NAT sufferers

From: Ryan Russell <ryan () securityfocus com>
Date: Tue, 27 Feb 2001 11:27:43 -0700 (MST)

On Tue, 27 Feb 2001, Janz, George wrote:

In my mind it can only be a checkpoint problem.  If anyone is experiencing
this problem and is going to the conference in Nashville - I suggest we
collaborate and present a unified case.  Unified voices are better that
one-at-a-time complaints.

As part of your evidence collection, you'll want to compare your .C files
before and after you switch to manual NAT.  It's been too long since I've
done FW-1 for me to remember quite correctly, but as part of the ruleset
compiling process, it produces a set of files that are more-or-less C
language structures of all the rules and objects.  One will be named after
your ruleset, and one is (I think) objects.C.

                                                Ryan