Firewall Wizards mailing list archives

RE: Napster..

From: "Chris Beckwith" <chris.beckwith () bogusmove com>
Date: Wed, 21 Feb 2001 18:36:38 -0000

I just recently installed Checkpoint Firewall and noticed that there are
alot attempts to get into the internal network on port 6699. We have users
here who want to access napster and download music files; thus, I want to
completely block out all the napster ports allowing connections from the
outside yet still permitting inside connections out. Do you know what are
the ports I should specify to make this happen? Should only port 6699 open
allowing connection originating from inside be opened? Thank you for your
help in advance.

The Napster client can have its port to anything wants.. it's a
configuration
option. 6699 is the default client setting, which doubtless, few people
change.