Firewall Wizards mailing list archives

dhcp allows ?

From: John Allspaw <allspaw () mailer salon com>
Date: Tue, 20 Feb 2001 11:04:46 -0800 (PST)

Hey all....man, it's been long time since i've posted.

my question is this.  working at a place that commonly has
developers working from home, we have required them to have their
machines tcpd wrapped and have static IP addresses.

we then can make allows for ssh for them on our office firewall.
this is usually the case for people with dsl static IPs.

i'm curious about people's experiences with this sort of setup and how
they deal with people with cable modems and "semi-static" dhcp addresses.
by semi-static i mean a dhcp address with what seems to be 'perpetual'
lease times.

ideas ?  would you make allows (let's just say for ssh and https) ?

thanks,
john