Firewall Wizards mailing list archives

RE: Problems multi-ip'ing NT

From: "Sigler, Karl" <KSigler () nbg com>
Date: Thu, 1 Feb 2001 14:12:41 -0500

I'm assuming you are trying to set up static NAT using those 30 addrs? You
shouldn't need to bind any of the NAT'ed IP's to the NT box at all. Instead
set up the local.arp file in the fw/state directory to allow NT to respond
to arp requests for those IP addressees. Syntax for local.arp would look
like this:

translated_ip_address    mac_address_of_Firewalls_ext_NIC

for example If you had an internal server 10.10.10.10 to be static NAT'ed to
appear the Internet as 209.10.10.10 you would enter the following:

206.10.10.10    0a-0a-0a-0a-0a-0a [your firewalls external MAC]

This allows NT to proxy arp for the IP. You'll need to reinstall the
firewall policy after making changes to local.arp.

Hope this helps,

Karl Sigler
Atlanta, GA