Firewall Wizards mailing list archives

Re: Blocking at firewall via MAC address

From: Mark Brown <broonie () sirena org uk>
Date: Sun, 16 Dec 2001 16:52:42 +0000

On Sat, Dec 15, 2001 at 10:46:07AM -0800, Stephen P. Berry wrote:

On your OpenBSD box, run a little daemon that uses libpcap (or equivalent)
to look at all the traffic coming from the subnet, with a simple filter
rule that matches all traffic not originating from your known ether/IP
pairs.  Have it page you whenever it sees anything.  This won't prevent

There is a tool called arpwatch (which is, I believe, included in the
OpenBSD ports collection) which can do most of this.