Firewall Wizards mailing list archives

Re: Contract Rates & CISSP or not

From: David Correa <tech () linux-tech com>
Date: Sun, 2 Dec 2001 20:33:51 -0800 (PST)

On Mon, 26 Nov 2001, Crispin Cowan wrote:
My position used to be much stronger: that certificates are for poseurs,
give me a real degree or a Bugtraq pedigree, or don't bother. But I've
mellowed in my old age :-)

In summary, I still look at CISSP's (and other certificates that don't
start with "Bachelor's" or similar) as a negative mark, which I'm
willing to overlook if the other factors are strong. I certainly will
not pay extra for it.

Crispin

Crispin,

How do yoy know if a person has a Ph.D?
Simple, they tell you.

In my college years and while working at UCSC
i found several Ph.D's that know a lot about
one thing and nothing else.

To call a person a "poseurs" because he has tried to improve his career
by taking a certificate test only shows to me your arrogance.

Go take these tests yourself, until then you know nothing about
what it takes to pass them.

Best Regards,

:dc::

David Correa RHCE CCNA    _    _ _  _ _  _ _  _    ___ ____ ____ _  _
tech () linux-tech com       |    | |\ | |  |  \/      |  |___ |    |__|
http://www.linux-tech.com |___ | | \| |__| _/\_     |  |___ |___ |  |