Firewall Wizards mailing list archives

Re: Infos on Borderguard ?

From: Joseph S D Yao <jsdy () center osis gov>
Date: Thu, 27 Dec 2001 12:02:50 -0500

On Fri, Dec 21, 2001 at 03:32:41PM +0100, Siebenkaes Stefan wrote:
Hi there,

I searching for some information about a firewall
called "borderguard". It seems to have vanished from
the market... is that true?
Is (or was) this the product sold via StorageTek and
was set to "end of life" after some Cisco-Merger?

Can you still buy it? Is there support on it?

Any info appreciated,

   Stefan

--
Stefan Siebenkäs
Systemingenieur

ITELLIUM
Systems & Services GmbH
Hundingstrasse 11 b
90431 Nürnberg

Tel.: 0911/14-20209
Fax:  0911/14-26433
mailto:       stefan.siebenkaes () itellium com

I would never have called it a "firewall".[1]  It is a router with very
strong VPN tunnel capabilities, and a precursor to IPsec.  It was sold
by Network Systems Corporation (NSC), which was bought up by Storage
Tech, which decided they didn't want to be in that line of business ...
so the same people who had been at NSC and STC were spun off to form
"Blue Ridge Networks", which you can see at www.blueridgenetworks.com
or www.blueridgevpn.com.

I am cc'ing a salesperson whom I happen to know, as I don't believe
they habitually read this mailing list.

[1] I would never call any router a "firewall".  But that's me.  The BR
can, of course, block any specified IP packets very well, and I believe
now supports IPsec.

--
Joe Yao                         jsdy () center osis gov - Joseph S. D. Yao
OSIS Center Systems Support                                     EMT-B