Firewall Wizards mailing list archives

RE: (no subject)

From: "David R. Chase" <drchase () mediaone net>
Date: Tue, 4 Dec 2001 15:44:50 -0500

Yes, the approximate configuration with the firewall, web server and one of
my workstations is as follows:

                   Internet

Web Server        Firewall/DNS      Workstation 1
10.10.10.200      10.10.10.1        10.10.10.103

I can access A's web server from B just fine.  However, if I try to access
my domain from C, my browser (Internet Explorer, for example) displays the
status "Connecting to site <public IP Address>", the external card's address
from the Firewall/DNS machine, and the site won't come up, due to
misconfiguration somewhere along the line (I believe...unless this
configuration is just not easily able to be setup in this case).

-David