Firewall Wizards mailing list archives

Re: Where can I buy PIX parts..

From: <black () galaxy silvren com>
Date: Tue, 7 Aug 2001 10:45:20 -0400 (EDT)

Cisco can't find their own part number? I'd call Cisco back and complain.
That is simply deplorable service.

On Mon, 6 Aug 2001, R. Corona wrote:

Hello,

I'm hoping someone out there can point me in the right direction.  I
have a PIX-520 (the 3U chassis), and am in desperate need of a pair of
rack mount ears for it.  I only need the two metal brackets that screw
into the sides and then affix to the rack itself.  I've now spent a good
3 hours calling everywhere with absolutely no luck whatsoever.  I've
tried Cisco, they said they couldn't find the part number and that I
should call Blackbox.  I then called Blackbox and they said that they
did not know the part number, and they're only way of finding out was
through Cisco.  That's just the kind of luck I've been having with this.
I've also tried various Internet retailers/refurbishers that I could
find online.

Any help would be so greatly appreciated...

Thanks a lot,

Ross Corona