Firewall Wizards mailing list archives

Re: Packet Traversal - How far?

From: Sigurd Urdahl <sigurdur () linpro no>
Date: 04 Aug 2001 23:41:01 +0200

gary.smith () ScottishAmicable co uk writes:
[snip]
Does anyone know whether there is an implementation (preferably Win32
[albeit cygwin+winpcap]) of Traceroute that uses TCP?

I am afraid I cant help much when it comes to windows, but som of
these tools might be ported:

For at least linux and *bsds (and I believe other unixces and possibly
win32) you could use hping2 for this. It's basically your swiss army
knife of pinging.

Also you might want to have a look at firewalk, but I am afraid it's
not available for win32.

-sig

--
Sigurd Urdahl                           sigurdur () linpro no
Systemkonsulent | Systems consultant