Firewall Wizards mailing list archives

RE:PIX-520 help...

From: "Payne, Patrick" <Patrick.Payne () Select com>
Date: Mon, 27 Aug 2001 14:08:04 -0400

Ross,

If you only have 1 registered address and need to use it for the outside
interface and NAT, then you'll need to upgrade to version 5.2 from your
current version, 5.1(2).  If you do decide to upgrade, make sure you check
your current flash memory because 5.2 requires 16MB flash whereas previous
versions required only 2MB flash.  Newer 520 boxes shipped with 16MB but
older boxes need a flash upgrade before you upgrade the software.

To summarize, using PIX software prior to 5.2 you need a minimum of 2
registered addresses and starting with 5.2 you can get by with just one
regsitered addresss.

Pat