Firewall Wizards mailing list archives

RE: Home Solaris ISDN Firewall

From: Chris Kimber <chris.kimber () lineone net>
Date: Mon, 11 Sep 2000 16:13:56 +0100 (BST)

Thanks alot for the advice.

I dont really know why I want to get rid of my
trusty old Pipeline. It's proberbly the best
thing I have brought for my home network.

However, I would say that the main reason I wish
to 'build' a firewall / router / DOD server is so
that I can say that ive made it and so I know what
it's supposed to be letting in and out. At the
moment the rules on the Pipeline are a bit restictive
and I can only have so many (6 i think) input/output
rules.

I also want the logging features that a software
not hardware based router will allow.

I hope this helps a bit
Chris