Firewall Wizards mailing list archives

RE: Where to find a example security policy?

From: sean.kelly () lanston com
Date: Mon, 25 Sep 2000 14:23:58 -0400

From: Andy W [mailto:jawiggy () rcn com]

Polices won't be worth
anything if you ram them down your employees throats. They
need to match
culture. For the most part I think that employees want to do the right
thing, they just need to know what is right and what is wrong.

I disagree.  I think for the most part employees want to do the right thing
so long as it doesn't inconvenience them.  A previous director of the CIA is
under investigation right now because he brought highly-classified documents
home with him on his notebook PC, just because it was easier.  If he
couldn't be trusted to follow policy in the interest of security, can you
expect your employees to?

Sean