Firewall Wizards mailing list archives

Re: Building a squid box

From: "Robert Collins" <robert.collins () itdomain com au>
Date: Sat, 23 Sep 2000 10:11:45 +1100

Alan look at:
http://www.squid-cache.org
http://www.squidguard.org

The squid FAQ covers acl implementation within Squid.
Squidguard is one of the external programs that squid can off-load acl
checking to, it can do everything from blocking adds tblocking sales people
from gambling between 3pm-5pm. Squidguard has a huge maintained database of
url/s that has been catagorized.. And the squidguard FAQ covers how to use
it.

I don't know if there is a general cover-all FAQ, but the squid-users and
squidguard-users mailings lists are quite active.

Disclaimer(s)
I hack on squid in my spare time
I don't hack on squidguard in my spare time :-]

Seriously though there seem to be a lot of http related questions cropping
up on the list these days..

Rob