Firewall Wizards mailing list archives

RE: [fw-wiz] RE: [rapt] FTP problem - Raptor Solaris firewall and NT4 SP6 ftp servers

From: tbh1 <tbh1 () bellsouth net>
Date: Fri, 22 Sep 2000 22:12:17 -0400

I've read those docs before.  I would be hard pressed to figure out what
files were changed on a system after a service pack has been applied,
except for digging through lots (and I do mean lots) of documentation or
looking at the saved files.  Lots of the explainations don't tell you what
file(s) are being changed, etc.

Maybe you have a different impression than I do (or anyone else that I
know) that the service packs are clearly documented.  I think they are a
black hole.

It's much easier to understand a Sun patch cluster, for example.   There is
a patch, and it has an explanation with it as to what module(s) are being
changed.  And so forth through the set of patches.  Each one can be backed
our on it's own if you don't want it, or if it causes a problem with your
software.  Try that with an NT service pack ...

tom Hutton
eCommSecurity