Firewall Wizards mailing list archives

Re: Where to find a example security policy?

From: "Philip S Holt, INFOSec Research" <philipsholt () uswest net>
Date: Tue, 19 Sep 2000 20:22:56 -0600

Aaron Turner wrote:

I've been looking for some example security policy(ies) to use to base my
own companies policy on.  I've looked on the usual places like
SecurityPortal, but came up empty (plenty of broken links though).

Anyone know where I might be able to find such a beast?

   Yes.If money _is_NOT_the final determinant, then baseline is a good
reference to have.
"Having CISSP credentials is always a good backer    ...    ...
-    http://www.baselinesoft.com/
If money is the final say, then the following is appropriate
-    NCSA in the _past_ is now ICSA.
-    Their policy whitepapers are written by the likes of Dr. M.E. Kabay
(Atomic Tangerine founder, previously head of education @ NCSA), and some of
the best I've seen as downloads.
   For that matter, their library of pdf.s is as good as they come.

Philip

--
Aaron Turner        aturner () vicinity com  650.237.0300 x252
Security Engineer                         Vicinity Corp.