Firewall Wizards mailing list archives

Transparent NAT

From: cdschuler () home com
Date: Mon, 18 Sep 2000 15:23:35 -0600

Today I met with a VPN appliance manufacturer.  I was told that
there is a significant problem with NAT when there is a router
between the VPN appliance and the end user.  From what I'm told
the problem lies with the fact that both the VPN and the router are
conducting NAT between each other and therefore there needs to
be transparent NAT to alleviate this.  They don't have the software
patch yet.  Is there a patch for this on the software side rather than
purchasing their additional hardware to fix it?

Thank you, Cameron Schuler