Firewall Wizards mailing list archives

MAC ADDRESS FILTER

From: Tiago de Castro Nogueira <tnogueira () directnet com br>
Date: Sat, 28 Oct 2000 12:16:59 -0200

Hi,

I work in Sao Paulo, Brazil, in a ISP, and in our site we have a Linux
Server (Conectiva Linux - A Brazilian version of Red Hat Linux). We need
to limit the packet input in this Server based on the source MAC Address
of the packet. Unfortunately, we have no way to filter the packets based
in the source IP Address :(. We need a MAC Address filter, where only
the MAC's in a Access List can access the services on this Linux server.
Is there a Linux feature, or a software, or anyone that knows the Linux
Kernel and can give us some tips on how to develop that kind of filter?

Thanks,
Tiago Nogueira