Firewall Wizards mailing list archives

Re: Checkpoint for internet access

From: "Andrew J Bernoth/Boulder/IBM" <bernoth () us ibm com>
Date: Fri, 20 Oct 2000 15:09:41 -0600

With all Due respect.....What we really have is a comprehension problem.

Of all the responses I receive it appears that most of the mailing list
seem quite happy to let your "secure" networks have a default route out to
the internet. I find this concept insecure in that you are putting far too
much trust on a single firewall, and some of the others that responded
agree.

I did receive a few intellegent responses agreeing that they also do not
like putting a default route out to the internet on their secure network.
However, they were forced to, when their internet firewall moved away from
a Proxy Gateway to a Checkpoint Firewall.

If you think you're up to it, how about an intellegent comment on the
benifits of the Secure Networks Default Route pointing to the internet
verses Secure Network's Default Route pointing to the bit bucket?

Regards,
Andrew J Bernoth
bernoth () us ibm com
"The views expressed above are my own and do not necessarily reflect those
of IBM"

Brad Van Orden <Brad.VanOrden () navius com>@nfr.com on 10/20/2000 05:13:12 AM

Sent by:  firewall-wizards-admin () nfr com