Firewall Wizards mailing list archives

Re: ICQ.com

From: spiff <spiff () bway net>
Date: Sun, 14 May 2000 08:47:53 -0400 (EDT)

Wow 10 days later... sorry, a bit busy.

Try www.insecure.org in their exploits section:
(http://www.insecure.org/sploits_microshit.html )

And also from an altavista boolean query on the string 'icq exploits'

1) http://www.e-n-i-g-m-a.com/hacks/icq.html
(50 exploits on one page. curiously this site owner publishes _his_ ICQ #
elsewhere on this site too! Well, the nobel prize is still safe ;)

In short, security issues, privacy issues, and 'undocumented features' all
combine to make icq a real candidate for the award for the one single
piece software that can violate the most sections of your security policy
in one shot. It's neato keen too!

spiff