Firewall Wizards mailing list archives

Re: Solaris router vs. Cisco IOS

From: Ryan Russell <ryan () securityfocus com>
Date: Sat, 13 May 2000 16:42:09 -0700 (PDT)

And that task is.....

If it's really just routing, the Cisco is better for a variety of
reasons.  I doubt that's the case, since you're posting to a firewall
list.  My personal opinion is that FW-1 is a better firewall that any of
the Cisco router (not PIX) platforms currently available, if cost is not
an object.

What are your needs?

                                Ryan